JEE advanced is a stiffy and stony destination to reach by the IIT aspirant. There is no secret formula for preparing for JEE Advanced exams.
Clearing JEE is a sum of hard work, dedication, perseverance, and many more things. But, having a solid preparation planning along with smart strategies of understanding and applying the concepts can fetch you a satisfying result.
Always be focused towards the goal by regularly following various updates on JEE advanced exam given in the official website of JEE.
There exist many private groups that discuss various shortcuts and methods to tackle the problems, follow those groups to stay in the competition.
Enhance your problem-solving technique step-wise from basic to advance level so that you have a strong foundation on every subject like maths, chemistry, and physics.
10 Essential Steps For Accomplishing JEE Advanced Exam
Following updates on JEE advanced exam helps you stay motivated while you prepare along with knowing the requirement.
1. The first step is, you need to have You Can Do attitude and should carry the same attitude even after you complete your exams.
2. Keep “practice” as your mantra. Practice every subject with equal importance and concentrate more on the subject you feel tough.
3. Follow the NCERT syllabus strictly and refer the most trusted and known text/reference books.
4. Make a to-do list and plan your time effectively.
5. Practice the question papers of JEE advanced exam as much as possible to know the type of question to expect and prepare.
6. Adopt a few smart short cuts to solve lengthy and tricky problems.
7. Do not miss any subject classes, seminars, coaching classes, lunch, sleep, playtime as well as study time.
8. Know the difficulty level by self-correcting the solved sample paper and previous year question papers of JEE advanced exam.
9. Make short notes while preparing at the end of a chapter this acts as an excellent source of revision during the exams.
10. Take breaks and relax too. Good mental and physical health is equally important.
Here are a list of textbooks and reference guides that you need to study:
- NCERT class XI and class XII textbooks
- Volumes 1 and 2 – Concepts of Physics written by H.C. Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics book written by Halliday, Walker, and Resnick
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main and Advanced by D.C. Pandey
- Book by I.E. Irodov – Problems in General Physics
- NCERT class XI and class XII textbooks
- Physical Chemistry book, written by P. Bahadur
- Book by J.D. Lee – Concise Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry book contributed by Boyd and Morrison
- NCERT class XI and class XII textbooks.
- Book by Dr. S.K. Goyal – New Pattern IITJEE Mathematics
- Plane Trigonometry and Elements of Coordinate Geometry book by S.L. Lone
- Mathematics for JEE (Main and Advanced) by M.L. Khanna
Apart from studying the textbooks and reference books, it is of utmost importance for the students to be well-versed with the previous year question papers of JEE advanced exam.
There are many papers where repeated questions from previous year paper. Candidates can also be aware of the level of the questions and also the concepts which are more important.
Importance of solving the sample paper and previous year question papers of JEE advanced exam are:
- Most importantly, students can practice and learn effectively.
- Candidates can know the pattern and the structure of the question paper.
- It induces confidence in students to appear for the exam.
- Speed and accuracy can be increased by practicing more papers.
- Time management can be better since time is also one of the prime things that determine the success factor of the exam.
- Students can analyze the level of difficulty of the exam and self-analyze their level of preparation too.
- Type of questions and sections of the syllabus which are most important can be known.
- Candidates will get a clear idea about the reality of the JEE exam.
- Develop better problem-solving skills.
- Identify one’s weaknesses and strengths.
Remember “Tomorrow’s victory is the result of today’s practice”. JEE is an exam that requires extensive practice and preparations. It is suggested for the students to put in hard work and efforts to clear the JEE mains and advanced exam.
Hence follow the regular updates on JEE advanced exam to keep yourself updated overall. Choose reliable online portals to have a good practice prior to exams.
Following channels like BYJU’S designed for the JEE exam preparations is helpful in improving the concept-based application level knowledge.
Visit and Subscribe BYJU’S YouTube Channel for more information on Physics, chemistry and mathematics topics. Articles and videos by BYJU’S are contributed by subject matter experts to make the concepts reach you effortlessly.