This post reveals some impressive YouTube stats along with the most viewed YouTube videos of 2013.
An online video sharing website has
# More than 800 million visitors
# Alexa Rank 3 & No.2 Search engine
# Videos viewed more than 4 billion hours/month
# More than 1 million partner programs
Are you still guessing the name of the social media website having these amazing current stats? Yeah, it is absolutely YouTube!!!
I already discussed the basics and best ways to make money on YouTube in an earlier post. Now let’s have a look at the details of most viewed YouTube videos this year (2013). But before that, let me tell you some more interesting fundamentals and facts of YouTube.
Impressive Stats of YouTube
YouTube was founded by 3 former employees of PayPal in the year 2005 on Valentine’s Day. “Me at the Zoo” was the first video uploaded in YouTube and it had 3 million visitors in the first month of creation. In October 2006, Google acquired YouTube for the price of $1.65 billion. Then the numbers of visitors got increased and at the end of the first year, YouTube reached 38 million viewers.
Image Credit: Coxgp.com
“Broadcast yourself” is the motto of YouTube and anyone could use this site at free of cost. The first YouTube video viewed one million times in the year 2005 is “Touch of Gold” and in November 2009, full HD videos were released. 2 billion YouTube videos viewed have reached in May 2010 and in the year 2012, YouTube touched 4 billion hours daily video views with billions of unique viewers every month.
Oh great! Most of the YouTube stats are in billion!!! What could be the reason of its success? Check it now.
Reasons for YouTube’s success
YouTube is an example of an independent website and some of the reasons for its success are
1. No need to register to watch the videos.
2. Anyone can sign-up for free and no need to read long texts.
3. User-friendly as it is simple and easily understandable.
4. Brilliant marketing concept helps to promote the service.
5. Acts like a community where the users could upload, share and comment on videos.
Here is the most interesting part of the post which would help you to know about the most viewed YouTube videos in this year. Have a look at these popular YouTube videos now.
Most viewed YouTube videos of 2013
Few day back, most watched YouTube videos were released under various categories. Some of them are,
5 Top trending videos of 2013
Do check the most popular YouTube videos of 2013 here!
1. Ylvis – The Fox (What Does the Fox Say) HD video by tv Norge, till now 233,088, 171 views and it was published on SEP 3rd, 2013
2. Harlem Shake (Original army edition) by Kenneth Hakonsen, got 96,160,989 views which were released in FEB 10th, 2013.
3. How Animals Eat Their Food by MisterEpicMann, has 90,060, 067 views till now, which is available from APR 8th, 2013.
4. Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version) by SteveKardynal, acquired 81,587, 892 views now and it was presented in Nov 26th, 2013.
5. Baby&me / the new evian film by EvianBabies, attained 67,912,875 views at this time and it got released on APR 19th 2013.
5 Top trending music videos of 2013
A list of most viewed YouTube videos under the category of music are
1. PSY – GENTLEMAN M/V by officialpsy. This music YouTube video got 601,539,888 so far which was published on APR 13th, 2013.
2. Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball by MileycyrusVEVO. Its view count is 405, 351, 815 till now and it was published on SEP 9th, 2013.
3. Miley Cyrus – We Can’t Stop is another trending music video from MileycyrusVEVO has acquired 307, 857, 650 views at present and released on June 19th, 2013.
4. Katy Perry Roar (Official) by KatyPerryVEVO reached 260, 155, 519 at this instant which is accessible from SEP 5th, 2013.
5. P!nk –Just Give Me A Reason ft. Nate Ruess by PinkVEVO attained 238,744,560 now which was presented on FEB 5th, 2013.
5 most watched gaming YouTube videos (2013)
Many trailers and gameplay YouTube videos were released under Gaming group and the most watched gaming YouTube videos are
1. PlayStation 4 by PlayStation (Total views 31,052,894)
2. Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video (29,552,994)
3. OUTRAGEOUS ENDING! – Mad Father (6) (27,376,145)
4. League of Legends Cinematic: A Twist of Fate (24,817,577)
5. Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Reveal Trailer (21,333,901)
5 most viewed YouTube ads in India (2013)
Did you know these mostly viewed ads on YouTube in India?
1. Dove Real Beauty Sketches (Total views 60,735,875)
2. Lifebuoy Help a Child reach 5 (16,623,297)
3. Kit Kat Dancing Babies New Ad India (Official) (3,457,478)
4. Old Spice India | Mantastic Man (2,135,132)
5. New 5Star Ad (1,366,096)
Popular funny videos on YouTube (2013)
Here are some YouTube funny videos for you!
Other popular YouTube videos
Did you miss Sachin’s Farewell Speech? This is also a most viewed video on YouTube!
I am a great fan of YouTube and I used watch movies and YouTube video songs when I feel bored with blogging. This is my beloved one, do watch!
According to eMarketer, YouTube will get gross ad revenues of $5.60 billion this year. After analyzing the various factors of YouTube, eMarketer has analyzed that it will get a profit of $1.96 billion with ad revenues worldwide and this is higher than its last year revenue.
With the upright video ads revenue this year, eMarkerter estimated that income from video ads for YouTube would improve significantly in the upcoming years.
Hope you’re well engaged with the YouTube facts & figures and popular YouTube videos with this post. Do you use to watch amazing videos in YouTube? I am eager to hear you through comments and let me know about your views on these most viewed YouTube videos.