If you’re looking to install a chrome screen recorder extension, then this post would help you to recognize some best chrome extensions to record your computer screen.
Screen recording or screencasting has found its prominent place in today’s learning world. To cast a presentation, teach a process or to demonstrate some procedure, you need screen recording software installed on your computer.
Installing software on a computer is always an issue as it depends on many factors and prerequisites. Not all computers come with special configurations to support multimedia tools and video editors. For such users, Google Chrome browser has got some beans in its bag.
Few days back, I’ve listed some best chrome extensions for safe browsing. Through this post, let’s see how the Google chrome extensions work as efficient as a potential screen recording software.
Google Chrome browser has already crossed the line of being a web browser and packed up some more features into it to become one great tool than just a web browser to access the content on the web.
People use Google Chrome to access its apps rather browse the internet now. Some of such wonderful tools are screen recorders using which we can record our Chrome as well as desktop screens and make our presentations done easily.
The following list of screen extensions are my top list (not necessarily in the same order as mentioned), and you may sort them out as per your requirement and their features.
5 Amazing Chrome Screen Recorder Add-ons
Check the helpful chrome screen recorder tools to record the computer screen without any software!
Screencastify is a simple screen recording Chrome extension that records the opened tabs and the desktop as well. To discuss the characteristics of this simple screen video recording extension,
Below are the characteristics of this simple screen video recording extension,
1. Records sound on the web pages – Any audio played inside the web page while using this extension is recorded along with the video. It could not be my favorite tool if it is restricting the audio on the web pages.
2. Records desktop – Screencastify also records the desktop windows along with the opened tabs of the browser. You will not skip a frame while in the middle of a tutorial or a demonstration that need the accessing of desktop and other windows. It saves the time & effort of recording and editing the video with two different software and joining them later.
3. Save into different web friendly formats – The videos recorded using this screencasting software can be saved into web friendly webm/vp8 with Ogg and Vorbis audio extensions.
4. No need of external software support – This chrome add-on needs no external plugins like Flash and Java as they can be vulnerable as flash is found to be so in recent times and is purely discouraged by some major browsers like Mozilla Firefox.
5. Upload directly to the Google Drive – You can directly upload the recorded video onto the google drive with just one click.
2. MediaCore Capture
MediaCore Capture is the best chrome screen recorder that I use for presentations. It also records the video through webcam and overlays it on the screencast video thus making it a perfect tutorial or your viewers.
MediaCore Capture has following features,
1. Records web browser and applications – This screen recording software records not only the screen but also the desktop and other applications.
2. Overlays webcam video – It can record the webcam video simultaneously with the screen recording and overlays it on the video at the corner.
3. Supports different USB connected devices – MediaCore Capture supports the USB connected devices like cameras and microphones to make the presentation even more beautiful.
4. Upload directly to the MediaCore library – You can directly upload the processed videos directly to the MediaCore public library. Businesses can find this beneficial making some useful videos and uploading them with their branding.
3. TechSmith Snagit
TechSmith software are always straightforward, efficient and productive. One of the best tools from TechSmith is Snagit screen capturing software. We can take screenshots, record videos and edit them as we want and produce the best out of the graphical captures. It is good to have a chrome record screen extension of that software.
The remarkable features of this chrome screen recorder are as follows!
1. Records applications along with web browser – As discussed above, TechSmith software are productive. Unlike the above two Google Chrome extensions, this extension offers many features and allows us to edit and produce the official videos at the end so that they can be uploaded or added effects without many efforts.
2. Add graphics – This screen video recorder chrome extension allows the user to add arrows, callouts to the captured screenshot and the videos. You may use this software for teaching based web presentations, research paper presentations, and webcasts.
3. Create GIFs – Who don’t love the animated looping short videos? You can record the screen with Snagit and save it as GIF. It is one of the awesome features that comes to use while demonstrating the procedure.
4. Highly productive; requires low required specifications – This highly useful software need no much hardware requirements. It can run on 128MB RAMs and when the disk space is as low as 100MB. But, you need to have the Google Chrome of version 36.0.
4. Nimbus Screenshot & Screencast
With Nimbus Screenshot & Screencast Chrome extension, we can capture screenshots and record videos seamlessly. The easy and simple UI of the extension comes handy when we want to record screencasts of the screen and web browser. The videos can be saved on to the PC and edited later with a beautiful video editing app.
Nimbus Screencast extension let us capture the screen in three different ways. It features the drawing of beautiful graphics right from scratch and the selected part of the web page.
It’s notable features are
1. Edit screenshots – We can edit the screenshots taken with the Nimbus screenshot taker and can edit them using the available internal tools.
2. Records video – It can record the screen of not only the web browser but also the external desktop application.
5. Skiblz cam
Skiblz Cam screen recording extension for Chrome was developed with a motive to help the online support taking customers to send the recorded state of the website with bugs quickly. This chrome screen recorder extension is completely self-contained and functional.
Check the features of Skiblz cam
1. It can record the screen and save it without leaving the browser.
2. Uses Latest Technology – No other player plugin like flash or java are not needed. The video can be played using the latest HTML5 web technology.
3. Dynamic app – There is no need to afraid of the software vulnerability as it doesn’t need any flash or java.
The only drawback of this software is that it don’t have the audio recorder, if existed, I could have taken this screen recorder chrome extension onto the top of my priorities.
[shadowbox]Screen recording is an excellent way to visualize your presentation![/shadowbox]
The need to install a high-end software on computers for screencasting purposes is pulled out with the introduction of the most helpful and productive extensions for Google Chrome. One who can install the Chrome browser on his computer can access the extensions without any much need of hardware again.
What do you think? Is Google Chrome fulfilling the purpose that you were expecting from a potential software application to record a screen? Are you using any other screen recorder for Chrome? Did I miss any other chrome screen recorder add-ons? Please share your thoughts in the comment section.
Disclaimer: I have no commercial relationships with any of the chrome extension developers discussed in this blog post. Thus, I disclaim responsibility for their services. Besides, adding too many chrome extensions can slow your PC down at worst. So, install the essential chrome add-ons and enjoy surfing the internet.